Join us next Friday evening, August 9, for our final summer social: a movie at the Morgans’! There will be food and drinks, but bring your own favourite snack or candy.
Address: 128 Williams Drive
Additionally, as a fun way to resume our weekly gatherings during the school year, we will be heading out to Anzac on September 6 for an evening of BBQ and games. Pray for great weather. We will provide more details soon, but mark it on your calendar.
High School Bible Study
July 31 and August 7, we will meet at Jimmy’s house: 255 Wild Rose Street.
August 14, we will meet at Pastor Asa’s house: 133 Alberta Drive.
Jimmy Burchett, Dustin and Vicki Greig, and Pastor Asa are leading a 7-week summer Bible study through the book of Philippians for students in grades 10-12, 6:00-9:00pm, Wednesday evenings, July 3 to August 14, with dinner provided. Feel free to bring an extra snack or drink to share. Read ahead, ask questions, and share your observations.
July 3 Introduction
July 10 1:1-11
- 1:1-2, greeting
- 1:3-8, Paul’s thankfulness for his gospel partners in Philippi
- 1:9-11, Paul’s prayer support for his gospel partners in Philippi
July 17 1:12-26
- 1:12-18, maintaining joy in ministry
- 1:18b-26, a life worth living and a death worth dying
July 24 1:27-2:11
- 1:27-2:4, living worthy of the gospel
- 2:5-2:11, a Christ-centered mindset
July 31 2:12-30
- 2:12-18, shining like stars
- 2:19-30, model servants
August 7 3:1-21
- 3:1-11, the glory of knowing Christ
- 3:12-21, making every effort to know Christ
August 14 4:1-23
- 4:1-9, shepherding a church’s heart
- 4:10-23, models of giving and receiving
Soup Kitchen BBQs
Thank you to those who have helped out so far this summer! There are still some volunteer slots remaining to serve lunch at the Soup Kitchen these next few Wednesdays. Each team must consist of three students and one adult, so consider signing up with others. Visit our SignUpGenius page for more details.