Our next summer social takes place Thursday afternoon, July 25. We’re having a picnic in the park! Bring your own food, drinks, or other items like a chair, blanket, frisbee, etc.
Address: 3 Tolen Drive
Summer socials are low-key hangout events designed for students to stay connected throughout the summer. If you’re going into grade 7, finishing grade 12, or somewhere in between, join us!
As we approach each individual event we will provide more detailed information such as address and any special instructions. Here’s a short video from our recent board game night at the Christian radio station, followed by the full summer social schedule.
High School Bible Study
Starting this Wednesday, July 17, we will meet at Jimmy’s house: 255 Wild Rose Street.
Jimmy Burchett, Dustin and Vicki Greig, and Pastor Asa are leading a 7-week summer Bible study through the book of Philippians for students in grades 10-12, 6:00-9:00pm, Wednesday evenings, July 3 to August 14, with dinner provided. Feel free to bring an extra snack or drink to share. Read ahead, ask questions, and share your observations.
July 3 Introduction
July 10 1:1-11
- 1:1-2, greeting
- 1:3-8, Paul’s thankfulness for his gospel partners in Philippi
- 1:9-11, Paul’s prayer support for his gospel partners in Philippi
July 17 1:12-26
- 1:12-18, maintaining joy in ministry
- 1:18b-26, a life worth living and a death worth dying
July 24 1:27-2:11
- 1:27-2:4, living worthy of the gospel
- 2:5-2:11, a Christ-centered mindset
July 31 2:12-30
- 2:12-18, shining like stars
- 2:19-30, model servants
August 7 3:1-21
- 3:1-11, the glory of knowing Christ
- 3:12-21, making every effort to know Christ
August 14 4:1-23
- 4:1-9, shepherding a church’s heart
- 4:10-23, models of giving and receiving
Soup Kitchen BBQs
There are still some volunteer slots remaining to serve lunch at the Soup Kitchen these next five Wednesdays. Each team must consist of three students and one adult, so consider signing up with others. Visit our SignUpGenius page for more details.
This opportunity is open to NorthLife Youth as well as a couple other student ministries in Fort McMurray.