Get ready for another great weekend at Christina Lake Lodge this May long weekend. Registration is now open, simply follow the instructions on our events page. We will also be providing a couple fundraising opportunities to offset costs, particularly for families hoping to send multiple students.
Our theme for this year will be “Dangerously Influential” and we’ll be studying the book of 2 Timothy during our group sessions.
We would like to ask parents to consider sending along some pre-made, frozen meals for our lunches and dinners. We will have some specific information and meal requests for you so you can decide what’s possible on your end. As always, feel free to reach out to Pastor Asa if needed.
“The Apostle’s Creed”: Session Ten
NorthLife Youth is in a new video study by Matt Chandler. This 12 week series aims to strengthen our understanding of the essential convictions of the Christian church by using each line of The Apostles’ Creed to point us back to the gospel.
As always, we’ve included the entire Apostles’ Creed below, which is followed by Matt Chandler’s video for week ten, which considers the phrase, “The holy catholic church, the communion of saints.” Thanks to Josh Samuel for leading discussion!
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit;
born of the virgin Mary;
Suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, dead, and buried.
He descended to hell; the third day
He rose again from the dead;
He ascended to heaven and sits on the
right hand of the Father Almighty,
From whence He shall come to judge
the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit
The holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Here are some questions to discuss at together at home this week, and don’t miss out on the benefit of utilizing the personal studies we hand out at group!
- Why did Matt encourage you not to be arrogant about your local church?
- How does it encourage you to know that the church is growing and expanding all over the world?
- What is a local church as compared to the church universal?
- How would you explain the difference between going to and belonging to a local church? Would you say you go to or belong to your church?
- How often do you think about being called by God into relationships with other Christians? How does this shape your view of your church?
- What are some of the “one anothers” in Scripture that Matt talked about?
- How are you living these “one anothers” out? In which of these do you most need to grow in?
- READ PROVERBS 11:14
- When have you been blessed by the counsel of other Christians?
- In what ways has God convicted, encouraged, or taught you through conversations and relationships with other people at youth group, church, and home?
- What’s your primary takeaway in response to the teaching on the holy catholic church, the communion of saints?