Youth Retreat 2019
Only two months till we return to Christina Lake Lodge for a relaxed Victoria Day weekend. Registration is now open, simply follow the instructions on our events page. We’ll be announcing the theme and Bible focus next week. We would like to ask parents to consider sending along some pre-made, frozen meals for our lunches and dinners. We will have some specific information and meal requests for you so you can decide what’s possible on your end. As always, feel free to reach out to Pastor Asa if needed.
“The Apostle’s Creed”: Session Nine
NorthLife Youth is in a new video study by Matt Chandler. This 12 week series aims to strengthen our understanding of the essential convictions of the Christian church by using each line of The Apostles’ Creed to point us back to the gospel.
As always, we’ve included the entire Apostles’ Creed below, which is followed by Matt Chandler’s video for week nine, which considers the phrase, “I believe in the Holy Spirit.” Thanks to Sally Samuel for leading discussion!
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit;
born of the virgin Mary;
Suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, dead, and buried.
He descended to hell; the third day
He rose again from the dead;
He ascended to heaven and sits on the
right hand of the Father Almighty,
From whence He shall come to judge
the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Take advantage of these discussion questions as a family.
- READ ROMANS 8:14-15
- What confidence does it give you to be adopted by the Father Almighty? What comfort does it give you to be able to call Him Abba?
- Why did Matt say that our natural desire to belong is a gift of God’s grace?
- In what ways, good or bad, do people seek to belong to something greater than themselves? Where have you looked for or experienced belonging?
- How would you explain the difference between an obedience driven by a desire to be loveable and an obedience driven by knowing that we’re already loved? What does a lack of obedience to Jesus reveal?
- READ JOHN 14:23-26
- What is one of the primary roles of the Holy Spirit according to Jesus? What does this look like in our daily lives?
- What did Matt mean when he said that it was blasphemous to minimize the Spirit as merely the giver of spiritual gifts?
- What’s your primary takeaway in response to the teaching on I believe in the Holy Spirit?