Please take note of a change in location for youth group this Friday. We will be continuing our study of The Apostles’ Creed at Blaine and Terri-Ann Legaree’s house downtown, quite close to the church, actually. Judah Legaree will be leading the video and group discussion. Thanks for hosting, Legarees!
Friday, February 8, 7:00-9:00pm
23 Ells Crescent, Fort McMurray, T9H 1N4
Click here for directions.
“The Apostle’s Creed”: Session Four
NorthLife Youth is in a new video study by Matt Chandler. This 12 week series aims to strengthen our understanding of the essential convictions of the Christian church by using each line of The Apostles’ Creed to point us back to the gospel. You can check out either of our blog posts from January 7th and 14th for an introductory description of the series as well as a preview video.
Check out the full creed below, followed by the full video from session four, which considers the phrase, “Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; born of the virgin Mary.” Thanks to Emmanuel DeJesus for leading our group study time!
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit;
born of the virgin Mary;
Suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, dead, and buried.
He descended to hell; the third day
He rose again from the dead;
He ascended to heaven and sits on the
right hand of the Father Almighty,
From whence He shall come to judge
the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Take advantage of these questions as a family this week, as well as the personal studies for the students to use during their quiet times. See you next time at the Legarees’ house!
- READ LUKE 1:26-38
- Why is it important, not only in this story but also in our lives, to know that our God initiates a relationship with His people?
- How does Mary’s response reveal faith in a God who overcomes impossibilities?
- When have you questioned God’s work in the midst of a difficult situation? How has God proved Himself throughout Scripture?
- READ ISAIAH 1:11 AND JEREMIAH 31:33
- Why did God not delight in these sacrifices (Isa. 1:11)? What was missing?
- According to Jeremiah 31:33, what is the triune God after? Why is this important to recognize?
- What is the difference between trying to earn God’s approval and living like you already have it?
- How might we help each other live with a greater awareness of God’s
- How might we help each other delight more deeply in God?
- What’s your primary takeaway in response to the teaching on “Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; born of the virgin Mary”?
- What other thoughts or questions do you have?